Deerfoot Lodge is the perfect place for your next fishing trip
Fishing amenities at Deerfoot Lodge
- Onsite boat ramp
- Dedicated dock space included with every hotel room and cabin rental at no additional charge
- Electrical posts at the shoreline near every dock
- Live bait & dockside fuel available spring, summer and fall between 9:00am-7:00pm
- Fish cleaning house (spring, summer and fall) and fish cleaning shack (winter)
- Rental Boat Fleet
- Central location on the Chippewa Flowage so you’re never far from your favorite fishing spot!
- Marine, Small Engine & Power Sport Repair at neighboring business,
Local Fishing Contests & Events
Fun area fishing contests and events provide great reasons to visit throughout the year
- Deerfoot Lodge “Freeze Your Buns Off” Crappie Ice Fishing Tournament (February)
- Deerfoot Lodge Walleye Opener Invitational Tournament (May)
- Treeland Walleye Challenge (May)
- Fishing Has No Boundaries (May)
- Hayward Musky Festival – (June)
- Lake Chippewa Flowage Resort Association Musky Hunt (September)
- Hayward Lakes Chapter of Muskies Inc. Annual Tournament (October)
Fishing Guide Services
At Deerfoot Lodge, we’re fortunate to work with many talented area fishing guides and have included information below for those who take our guests out most frequently. Even if you’ve fished the Chippewa Flowage before, we strongly encourage you to book a fishing guide during the first or second day of your trip so they can educate you on current fishing patterns and help you catch the most fish possible during your vacation! Guide pricing and information below is subject to change. Contact guides directly for most up-to-date information and to book your trip.
Randy Gutsch has been a licensed guide in the Hayward area since 1980, and is a member of the Hayward Guides Association.
- Professional Licensed Guide
- Member, Hayward Guides Association
- 1 or 2 People: Full day/ $420.00 + lunch
- 1 or 2 People: Half day/ $280.00
- A $75.00 non-refundable deposit is required.
- Fishing Hours 8:00am-5:00pm
(Alternative hours available-call)
- Times of the year: Opening Weekend through October
- Fishing Equipment will be furnished if necessary, at an additional charge
Ty Sennett has over 25 years experience fishing on the Chippewa Flowage, with 23 years as a licensed guide. He is a strong advocate for Catch, Photo and Release. Ty is dedicated to finding and teaching new techniques and locations to land you the elusive Musky. The largest number of fish caught and released out of any other boat on the Chippewa Flowage has been Ty Sennett’s Boat. He has won the Esox Enduro Tournament held on the Flowage four out of six years.
As a Seminar Speaker, Ty Sennett teaches proper release techniques
along with new strategies and time proven techniques.
|Other notable accomplishments: 3rd Place PMTT, October 2008- Lake Bemidji, Minnesota 8th Place PMTT, April 2008- Cave Run Lake, Kentucky 2nd Place Simply Fishing Muskie Classic 2004 – Vermillion, Minnesota 3rd Place PMTT, August 2005- Chippewa Flowage, Wisconsin 6th Place PMTT, 1999 – Chippewa Flowage, Wisconsin 7th Place PMTT April, 2000 – Cave Run Lake, Kentucky 4th Place PMTT May, 2001 – Fox Chain O Lakes, Illinois 10th Place PMTT – June 2001 – Three Lake Chain, Wisconsin 1st Place release division Muskies, Inc. South of the Border Chapter for two consecutive years||Pro Staff for: Legend Boats, Thorne, Brothers Custom Rods, Frabill Nets, Ghost Tail Tackle, Holcombe Tackle, Llungen Lures, Shumway Tackle, Mercury Motors, Cortland Fishing Line|
Guide Service Includes:
- Full Day Rate (8 hours fishing): $550.00 with lunch provided by client at local resort
- Half Day Rate (4 hours fishing): $320.00
Ty also guides for walleye, northern pike and crappie during May only.
The rate is $350.00 for a full day and $200.00 for a half day.
- Same rate applies for one or two clients
- Repeat clientele call for special rates
- Live bait in the fall to be purchased by client
- Can specialize in trophy hunts or numbers fishing with the possibility of a large catch
Dean offers guided fishing trips on the Chippewa Flowage from May through October 15th
- Full Day Guided Fishing Trip – 8 hours on the water : $350 for 2 people
- Half Day Guided Fishing Trip – 4 hours on the water : $250 for 2 people
- Ice fishing packages available. Call for Details and availability
- $50 for each additional person
- Sales tax is not included in prices above
- Accepts cash, check or credit card
Dean will provide you with a great day on the water and the knowledge you need to target Walleyes on the Chip like a pro. All you need to bring is your fishing license, camera and what you want to drink/eat on the boat. Dean will provide all of the tackle, gear and bait and will clean your catch for you at the end of the day.
Tim has spent the last 25 years specializing in fishing the Chippewa Flowage. He currently hangs his hat at the Shady Nook Resort, Campsite #8 and is within a short ride to all area Flowage resorts. Tim will pick you up and drop off right at your site and provides everything you need for an enjoyable day on the water. Bring your camera, because there is a wealth of wildlife to be seen and photographed, whether it is the majestic bald eagle soaring overhead, a loon’s wail in the evening, a beaver splashing, or bear and deer swimming from island to island.
Tim accommodates and specializes in family guide trips. He is family-oriented and loves to teach kids and adults how to fish, including what lures to use, and how and when to use them. Tim looks forward to guiding you during your stay.
- Full Day Rates – 8 solid hours on the water for 1 or 2 persons – $400.00
- Clients buy lunch at one of the local lake establishments on full day trips
- Half Day Rates – 4 solid hours on the water for 1 or 2 persons – $250.00
- Tag-A-Long Boats – $150.00 for Half day trips. $250.00 for Full day trips. **Tag-A-Long Boats are responsible to furnish their own Equipment and Bait**
- $100 deposit on full day trips. $50.00 deposit on half-day trips. Non-refundable unless your cancellation is due to inclement weather. If inclement weather prevents us from going out, we can reschedule for another day during your stay.
- If live bait is used, it will be provided along with rods/reels and tackle, in the rates stated above. Gas for boat is also included.**NOTE – $30.00 SURCHARGE FOR FALL MUSKY SUCKERS**
- All major brand of credit cards are accepted. ** NOTE – All rates subject to 5.5% sales tax – 3% SURCHARGE WILL BE ADDED ON ALL CREDIT CARDS**
Pete will share many new ideas and techniques that will help you consistently boat more muskies, while providing you with a quality experience on the water. Pete guides Crappie, Walleye, and Smallmouth until the musky opener in late May. Pete guides form muskies only from musky opener until the close of musky season on November 30th.
Pete has played a major role in helping to increase musky stocking limits on both the Chippewa Flowage and Lake Couderay. Pete is also a contributing writer to Keyes Outdoors Online Magazine (check out Pete’s 2 part article “A Season on the Chippewa Flowage” part 1 July 2013, part 2 January 2014)
- Full Day Rate $425 (8+ hours) plus any live bait; fishing times are based on current fishing pattern
- Half Day Rate $300 (4 hours) plus any live bait; fishing times are based on current fishing pattern
- Call for fall group rates (can accommodate more than 2)
All rates subject to 5.5% sales tax.
Specializing on the Chippewa Flowage as well as several other Hayward area Lakes. Jim became one of the youngest members of the Hayward Guide service at age 18 in 1977 and has lived in Hayward all of his life. He is very experienced in all methods and species of fish. Whether you’re looking for a trophy Walleye, Musky bass or Northern Pike, or maybe some great Crappie and Gill fishing he will find the fish and help you catch them! Bring your GPS, his spots are your spots. Jim will clean your catch and can also provide an old fashioned shore lunch. Jim is an old school fishing guide who works at providing a safe, fish filled fun and educational day on the water.
- Boat Crestliner 1850 Pro-Guide, loaded with all the latest Electronics.
- Assortment of St Croix and Fenwick Rods
- Over 40 years of Guiding experience and a wealth of local history and information
- An easy, no pressure fun approach to enjoying the day on the water whether you’re a beginner or experienced angler
- Trip Rates: Half day 4 hours-$275.00
- Full day 8 hours – $380.00 – noon lunch provided by Client at the resort, Cabin or for a small fee – a shore lunch of fresh fish!
- Prime Time rate – 6 hours of fishing – early AM or later PM $330.00 – A great choice for a serious Walleye or Musky Group
- Rates are for 2 anglers. A third angler or children can be added at a minimal cost. No charge for small children
- Live bait and 5.5% sales tax are added to the above cost. Multiple day discounts are available
Our daily trip rates include everything except your license, food, drinks plus there is a $30.00 charge for using live suckers. If you prefer not to bring a lunch, we can stop in at any one of the many resorts on the lakes. I provide the bait, lures, rods, reels, boat, fuel, and everything else needed to have a pleasant and successful day on the water. Be sure to wear clothing fitting for the season!
- Full-Day (8 hours) – $400 for 1-2 people
- 1/2 Day (4 hours) – $275 for 1-2 people
Bring along a third person for an additional $50.00. Please add $30.00 for musky fishing with live suckers. Fish cleaning service is available for a small fee
Raised in Mellen, Wisconsin, Daryl has been fishing the lakes and streams of northern Wisconsin for more than 30 years for everything from trout to musky. He moved to the Hayward area in 1989 and has been guiding the Hayward Lakes area full time since 1996. Contact Daryl directly for rates and availability.
If you’re looking for the ultimate outdoor experience here in the Wisconsin northland, give John Myhre a call. Myhre offers guided fishing trips for musky, bass, walleye, and panfish on many Hayward-area waters. Along with being a guide for the last 37+ years, he has also hosted and produced a popular outdoor radio show for over 28 years, is an active member of the Outdoor Writers Association of America and the Association of Great Lakes Outdoor Writers.
Member of the Hayward Guide Service with 37+ years experience guiding and fishing the Chippewa Flowage and the Hayward area lakes.
- Full day – $350
- Half day – $235
- 5 Hour Evening trip – $260 (This popular trip gets you on the water from mid-afternoon ’til sunset!)
Rates are for 1-2 people; add $50 per extra person. Family trips for up to 4 people are available in John’s new 19 foot Lund boat, targeting walleye, bass and panfish. With close to 4 decades of helping people enjoy the outdoors, John is now guiding the 2nd and even 3rd generation of anglers for many of his guests!
Our daily trip rates include everything except your license, food, drinks plus there is a $30.00 charge for using live suckers. If you prefer not to bring a lunch, we can stop in at any one of the many resorts on the lakes. Tom Leahy Guide Service provides the bait, lures, rods, reels, boat, fuel, and everything else needed to have a pleasant and successful day on the water. Be sure to wear clothing fitting for the season!
- Full-Day (8 hours) – $380 for 1-2 people + lunch
- 1/2 Day (4-5 hours) – $275 for 1-2 people
Add $50 for a third adult. Additional charge for musky fishing with live suckers. Guided trips include fish cleaning! No extra charge for children under age 13.